The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Monday, April 23, 2007

Mmmmmm....

This is what I had for afternoon tea yesterday...


Yep, Mars Bar Slice and a cup of Milo! There were a couple of variations from the Aussie version since the equivalent of a Mars Bar over here is a Milky Way and I had to use Hershy Chocolate instead of Cadbury but even so, it still tasted just as good as home!

Speaking of Oz, we went to a fellow Aussies party on Saturday night (yes, there are more than two of us in Albuquerque). They live in an awesome house overlooking Albuquerque and were celebrating the Aussies win in the cricket World Cup. To get an idea of the size of the houses out there, check out some of the neighbours:


Needless to say, Brad was very happy to get his fix of cricket!

I also managed to get in some quality knitting time on the weekend and finished mum's Mothers Day present. Now that the pressies are out of the way, I'm getting back to my Bells and Whistles socks which I started earlier this year. I have cast on for the second sock, but here is a photo of the first one...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    A google search for "anzac cookies albuquerque" turned up your blog (in a post last year) and I thought it was my duty to comment that there's more than 2 aussies in ABQ. Not me -- my wife is from Oz, though she moved to the states when she was 9 so she doesn't have an accent. She's often thought of finding other aussie expats locally but never really tried. So, hi :)

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Mmmm- looks yummy. And the socks are gorgeous!

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger kgirlknits said…

    That house is incredible! Good for you getting Mother's Day knitting finished so early, too.

    The Bendigo wool is VERY reasonable! Those are 200g balls, average cost = $10 a ball. I'll get three adult garments out of what I've just bought and it was under $100!! (No postage charges for orders over $30, either!)

    They have a website, now, too....!

    have a good one!
    K

     

Post a Comment

<< Home